Imagine my surprise when I went to my underwear/sock drawer to fetch a clean pair of knickers, and found this:
My drawers are built into the wall, and behind them is a lot of nothing, including not much between them and the attic, apparently. So when I had insulation blown into the attic the previous day, it did not all stay in the attic.
We found it in a few other locations, where we still have holes in the ceiling from the electrical and plumbing work (yes, a whole year ago). This is a picture of the downstairs half-bath/utility room:
And here the hole above, through which the insulation poured unabated. Now, you would think the insulation people would have noticed that certain areas of the attic weren’t filling up. But they didn’t notice. And we didn’t notice until they were long gone.
On the plus side, we now have insulation. Hopefully the heater won’t run constantly now. (We’ve needed the heater lately. Yesterday morning, there was ice on the birdbath. ICE!