Most of the patches we’ve done for our old plaster walls have involved drywall, tape, and joint compound. But a few places were particularly tricky (uneven surfaces, etc.) so today I did some plastering. I found a one-step product that is quick drying. It’s an absolute mess to mix, though. My first attempt came out pretty well. I will have to do one more layer (despite this product’s claim that you can do it all in one pass). I’ll take a picture after I work on it some more.
Then I tried removing ceramic tile from the kitchen. This is an odious task. A few popped right off, but most are stuck to the concrete base with kryptonite or something. The tile shatters rather than pop off, and I’ve ended up basically chiseling the tile off. I am about to call it quits and have the kitchen demolition guy take it out.
Nice dinner tonight of hummus, french bread, green beans and rocky road ice cream. Tomorrow I think I will finish my book (enough that I can let Rob read it). Then one more pass before I turn it in (assuming Rob doesn’t discover something disastrously wrong with it).